Meet the Degree Requirements
Verify that you have completed all degree requirements with your adviser and dean's office. If applicable, clear your academic record and have any incomplete grades converted to satisfactory grades before graduation.
Graduation procedures vary by academic department, so be sure to check with your school or college about special requirements.
Apply to Graduate
In order to graduate, all students must complete and submit the Online Application for Graduation. After your application is submitted, you can view your degree status in DegreeWorks.
If you have any questions regarding your degree candidacy, please contact the Registrar's Office immediately at 404.894.4150.
Review Important Commencement Dates
Be sure to review all important Commencement dates so you do not miss any important deadlines. Students will receive email reminders, but are also encouraged to add these deadlines to their calendar.
Check Your Georgia Tech Email
Students are responsible for checking their Georgia Tech email throughout the semester for important information and updates regarding Commencement.
Students must submit an RSVP to attend the Commencement ceremony. Undergraduates will be able to request tickets on the RSVP form.
Purchase Your Regalia
All graduates are required to wear approved Georgia Tech regalia to participate in Commencement. Regalia is for sale at Barnes & Noble @ Georgia Tech or online at techstuff.gatech.edu.
Submit Your Commencement Clip
Graduating this semester? Make sure to thank those who supported you during your years at Georgia Tech by sending us your Commencement Clip! This clip is about a 30 second message that will be played during the Commencement pre-show. You can submit your Commencement Clip by Friday, November 20.
Attend Grad Fest
All graduates are encouraged to attend Grad Fest, a one-stop shop for graduation requirements. At Grad Fest, you can:
- Purchase your regalia at a discounted rate
- RSVP and reserve tickets for Commencement
- Meet with Balfour to order your class ring
- Take professional cap and gown photos
- Sign up for membership in the Alumni Association
- Ask your commencement questions
- Free Starbucks coffee or tea with a regalia purchase
- Win prizes
Pick Up Your Commencement Tickets
- Students are responsible for picking up guest tickets for Commencement. Those studying off-campus have the option to pick up their tickets at will call the day of the event.
- Ticket distribution will take place on campus at the Athletics Ticket Office. Any unclaimed tickets at the end of the distribution period will be returned to the Commencement Office for redistribution.
- Specific dates will be emailed to all students at the start of the semester and during the RSVP period.
Review Commencement Day Logistics for Students
Ensure you are aware of your responsibilities and are able to participate in Commencement, review the Commencement Day Logistics.
This page includes information on where students must meet prior to the ceremony and at what times. Common questions are also addressed on this page.
Review your service transfers
Once you leave, the services provided by the Office of Information Technology change, but not everything goes away. Click below to view your list of what you keep, what you lose, and what features you can get.