Our Commencement ceremonies details have been announced; you can view all guidelines on our ceremony details page.
What to Expect at Commencement
Watch this short video for an overview of what to expect as a graduate attending Commencement!
Students will walk on stage to receive their faux diploma from the president. Each attending student will have their individual name called and displayed on the jumbotron as they walk across stage.
Students will then take a photo with the Ramblin' Wreck before returning to their seat.
- Bachelors and masters will be seated by college on the field. Ph.D. students will be grouped by degree level.
- Students will walk in the order they sit. Students will seat themselves as they arrive and will not be placed in alphabetical order.
Name Card: GradPass
Name cards, also known as your GradPass, will be accessed via your mobile device. This is what you will need to have on your phone or printed when you enter the stadium on ceremony day for your name to be properly displayed and announced as you walk across the stage.
Students can access their GradPass by logging into their Marching Order account they created when they submitted their RSVP and selecting "GradPass." Students can print at home or take a screenshot of the QR code to avoid loading it at the ceremony.
If you are unable to access your GradPass, please contact the Commencement Office. If we have emailed your GradPass to you, please check your spam folder for the email. There will be a troubleshooting table set up at Commencement to help with GradPass issues that you will need to go to if you arrive without your GradPass.
GradImages, your official graduation photographer, will take professional photos at each Commencement activity and send out proofs shortly after your event.
- At the President's Graduation Celebration: GradImages will take photos with you, your family and friends, and the Ramblin' Wreck
- During the ceremony: GradImages will photograph your official graduation portrait, plus close-ups of you crossing the stage
- Immediately after the ceremony: Grab a photographer to take candid photos of you with family and friends
Proofs of your formal and candid shots will be sent via email the week after your graduation event. You can also visit gradimages.com after the ceremony to view and order your images.
Wondering where to take photos with your grad after the ceremony?
Learn what is required to graduate and participate in Commencement.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about tickets, ADA seating, guests, or just general graduation issues?
Regalia is required to participate in Commencement.
Information about regalia for bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. students including pricing and purchasing: