Fall 2023 Commencement
A direct result of growing enrollment is higher attendance at Commencement, leading to longer ceremonies to individually acknowledge all attending graduates. To avoid excessive ceremony lengths, Georgia Tech will host four Commencement ceremonies this fall.
Previous fall commencements experienced unfavorable weather conditions. Dividing the graduating class into four smaller ceremonies allows the event to fit inside McCamish Pavilion with five tickets per graduate for bachelor’s and master’s students. No tickets are required for the Ph.D. ceremony. The Fall 2023 ceremonies will take place inside McCamish Pavilion.
RSVP for Commencement
- An RSVP is required to participate in Commencement ceremonies.
- Deadline: Nov 10, 2023
- RSVP for Commencement here.
Get Your GradPass
Your GradPass is your virtual name card to have your name called and displayed. Access your GradPass by logging into the Marching Order account you created to RSVP. Follow directions outlined in our email to save your GradPass.
Download Your GradPass Namecard
A GradPass is required to attend Commencement
Access your GradPass by logging into the Marching Order account you created to RSVP.
Students will walk on stage to receive their faux diploma from the president. Each attending student will have their individual name called and displayed on the jumbotron as they walk across the stage.
Students will then take a photo with the Ramblin' Wreck before returning to their seat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about tickets, ADA seating, guests, or just general graduation issues?
GradImages, your official graduation photographer, will take professional photos at each Commencement activity and send out proofs shortly after your event.
- At the President's Graduation Celebration: GradImages will take photos with you, your family and friends, and the Ramblin' Wreck
- During the ceremony: GradImages will photograph your official graduation portrait, plus close-ups of you crossing the stage
- Immediately after the ceremony: Grab a photographer to take candid photos of you with family and friends
Proofs of your formal and candid shots will be sent via email the week after your graduation event. You can also visit gradimages.com after the ceremony to view and order your images.
Wondering where to take photos with your grad after the ceremony?
Learn what is required to graduate and participate in Commencement.
- Early and Late Walk Request due: October 31, 2023
- RSVP period: October 4 to November 10, 2023
- Tickets: Mobile distribution starts November 27, 2023
- President's Graduation Ceremony: December 15, 2023, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Ceremony: December 15 and 16, 2023