Bobby Dodd Stadium
177 North Ave NW
Atlanta, Georgia, 30313
Fall Ceremony Changes
To accommodate physical distancing and other public health guidelines, some modifications to the ceremony may be necessary. These include but are not limited to:
- No student processional.
- Physically distanced seating for students and guests.
- Students will still be individually recognized as they walk in front of the stage at the ceremony. They will not participate in the traditional handshake with Institutional leadership or be hooded by their advisor.
- Face coverings that cover your nose and mouth must be worn while inside the stadium. Students will not be allowed to remove their mask as they cross in front of the stage.
- The Commencement program will be a digital.
Face coverings are required for entry into the stadium for students and guests. These must be worn for the duration of the event unless you are actively eating or drinking in your seat.
Approved face coverings must be made with at least two layers of breathable material, fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin, fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face and be secured to allow the guest to not have to keep the covering in place with his/her hands.
Based on guidance from health officials, open-chin triangle bandanas and/or face coverings containing valves, mesh material and or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings. Additionally, costume masks are also not considered appropriate face coverings and are prohibited from being worn inside Bobby Dodd Stadium.
All students, guests, and volunteers attending the event are subject to the our contactless stadium entry process. Only one 1-gallon clear 'Ziploc' bag per attendee is permitted.
- Bags that are not permitted inside Bobby Dodd must be returned to the guest's vehicle or be checked into bag valet.
- Bag valet is located on the top of Peters Parking Deck, across from Gate 6.
- View acceptable items under our contactless entry policy.
- Bobby Dodd Stadium updated their bag policy for contactless stadium entry policy. View acceptable items.
- All guests and students will go through magnetometers, or walk-through metal detectors, prior to entry.
- For the full list of restrictions, view our list below.
- Limited concessions will be available during all ceremonies.
- Bobby Dodd accepts major credit cards.
- Outside food and drink are not allowed.
- All ceremonies will be a ticketed event.
- All students must RSVP to participate in Commencement and receive guest tickets.
- No additional tickets will be available the day of the event.
- Students should not exchange tickets to help maintain physically distanced seating clusters.
This will be a reserved seating event. Students may select a seating zone beginning Monday, Nov. 30.
- Bachelors and masters will be seated by college on the field. Ph.D. students will be grouped by degree level.
- Students will walk in front of stage as their name is announced. They will not participate in the traditional handshake with Institutional leadership or be hooded by their advisor.
- Students will walk in the order they sit. Students will seat themselves as they arrive and will not be placed in alphabetical order.
- Guests will be seated in the lower concourse of Bobby Dodd Stadium.
- This is a reserved seating event. Guests must sit in their designated seat.
- Designated handicap seats will be throughout the stadium.
- Guests in a wheelchair must use Gate 6.
Parking information will be updated closer to the ceremony.
- Maps of parking lots for each ceremony.
- Guest drop off and handicap parking locations.
- Traffic alerts.
- Public transit information.
ADA guest information
Accessibility is a top priority at Georgia Tech. Seating for guests with disabilities and limited mobility is available at all our ceremonies.
Guest Drop-Off and Handicap Parking for All Ceremonies
Parking information will be updated closer to the ceremony.
- All guest drop-off and pick-up is on Techwood Drive.
- Guests with a valid handicap parking tag will be directed to a nearby lot as space allows.
Other Ceremony Viewing Options
If we run out of room at the venue, or if your guests can’t travel to the ceremony, they can still watch you walk across the stage.
Severe Weather Plan
Fall 2020 Commencement is a rain or shine event. Graduates and guests are advised to monitor the weather forecast closely and dress appropriately for the seasonal climate. Each outdoor ceremony is expected to last approximately 2.5 hours.
We will make every effort to host the ceremonies as planned. If severe weather makes it unsafe for participants to gather outside, the ceremony will move indoors to McCamish Pavilion. Due to capacity restrictions, indoor ceremonies will be open to graduates only. Guests may watch via livestream at commencement.gatech.edu.
Any decision to change the location of the ceremony due to severe weather would be announced on Thursday, December 10.
Dress Code and Decorum
- While Commencement has no official dress code, we encourage families to dress in a manner appropriate to the ceremony. Many of our families dress business casual to casual.
- Graduates and guests are advised to monitor the weather forecast closely and dress appropriately for the seasonal climate.
- Families are encouraged to hold their applause until all graduates walk across the stage to allow everyone’s name to be heard. Please be respectful to all of our students.
- Guests will be asked to release any reserved seats 15 minutes prior to ceremony start to help us accommodate others.
GradImages, your official graduation photographer, will take professional photos at each Commencement activity and send out proofs shortly after your event.
- At the President's Graduation Celebration: GradImages will take photos with you, your family and friends, and the Ramblin' Wreck
- During the ceremony: GradImages will photograph your official graduation portrait, plus close-ups of you crossing the stage
- Immediately after the ceremony: Grab a photographer to take candid photos of you with family and friends
Proofs of your formal and candid shots will be sent via email the week after your graduation event. You can also visit gradimages.com after the ceremony to view and order your images.
Wondering where to take photos with your grad after the ceremony?
- Items must adhere to the GTAA clear bag policy. Backpacks and luggage are not allowed into McCamish Pavilion or Bobby Dodd Stadium
- Strollers are not allowed in Bobby Dodd Stadium and must be checked into bag valet. Exceptions to the bag policy will be made for medical and/or diaper bags – fans with medical and/or diaper bags must request an individual inspection from the gate supervisor.
- Cameras lens must be under 4 inches in length. Lens exceeding this size will not be allowed in the building. Tripods and monopods are not permitted.
- No outside food or beverage allowed in the venue. Concessions will be available during the ceremony.
- Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are allowed in or around the ceremony area. Anyone violating this code will be removed from the event.
- Noisemakers, selfie-sticks, signs, inflated balls, and balloons are not permitted. Guests may bring flowers for their graduates.
- Pets and therapy animals are not permitted. Service Animals are permitted.
- Umbrellas are not permitted inside the stadium.
- Families are encouraged to hold their applause until all graduates walk across the stage to allow everyone’s name to be heard.
- Please review the prohibited and permitted items list for the full list of items.