184 10th Street N.W.
Atlanta, Georgia, 30318
(On campus at the intersection of 10th and Fowler Streets)
Guests may enter via the main entrance on 10th Street or the west entrance on Fowler Street
Clear Bag Policy
All students, guests, and volunteers attending the event are subject to the new bag size and type limits.
- McCamish Pavilion has a clear bag policy. All bags will be searched prior to entry. View acceptable bags and items.
- All guests and students will go through magnetic wanding prior to entry. Please give yourself extra time to enter the building.
- For the full list of restrictions, view our list below.
- Bags that are not permitted inside McCamish must be returned to the guest's vehicle or checked at bag valet.
- Bag valet is at Byers Tennis Complex, located across the street from McCamish Pavilion. This service is free for guests and is secured by Georgia Tech police and stadium security.
- View acceptable bags and items under our clear bag policy.
Guest Drop-Off and Handicap Parking for All Ceremonies
- All guest drop-off and pick-up is at the Louise and Leo Benatar Entrance, located off 10th Street.
- Guests with a valid handicap parking tag may park on Fowler Street between 8th St. and 5th St. Limited ADA parking is available in E65.
ADA guest information
Accessibility is a top priority at Georgia Tech. Seating for guests with disabilities and limited mobility is available at all our ceremonies.
- Only the Bachelor's Commencement Ceremony is a ticketed event.
- All tickets are general admission.
- All students must RSVP to participate in commencement.
- Maps of parking lots for each ceremony.
- Guest drop off and handicap parking locations.
- Traffic alerts.
- Public transit information.
- Guests will be seated in the lower and upper concourse of McCamish Pavilion.
- Designated handicap seats are located on the concourse level at the top of sections 100-110.
Other Ceremony Viewing Options
If we run out of room at the venue, or if your guests can’t travel to the ceremony, they can still watch you walk across the stage.
- Concessions will be available during all ceremonies.
- McCamish Pavilion accepts both cash and major credit cards.
- Outside food and drink are not allowed.
Dress Code and Decorum
- While Commencement has no official dress code, we encourage families to dress in a manner appropriate to the ceremony. Many of our families dress business casual to casual.
- Families are encouraged to hold their applause until all graduates walk across the stage to allow everyone’s name to be heard. Please be respectful to all of our students.
- Guests will be asked to release any reserved seats 15 minutes prior to ceremony start to help us accommodate others.
GradImages, your official graduation photographer, will take professional photos at each Commencement activity and send out proofs shortly after your event.
- At the President's Graduation Celebration: GradImages will take photos with you, your family and friends, and the Ramblin' Wreck
- During the ceremony: GradImages will photograph your official graduation portrait, plus close-ups of you crossing the stage
- Immediately after the ceremony: Grab a photographer to take candid photos of you with family and friends
Proofs of your formal and candid shots will be sent via email the week after your graduation event. You can also visit gradimages.com after the ceremony to view and order your images.
Wondering where to take photos with your grad after the ceremony?
- All bags will be searched prior to entering. Bags must adhere to the GTAA clear bag policy. Backpacks and luggage are not allowed into McCamish Pavilion.
- All strollers MUST enter through the main entrance and will be searched. Families are required to park their strollers inside the designated area at the venue’s main entrance. Guests will not be able to take the stroller into the concourse area.
- Cameras lens must be under 4 inches in length. Lens exceeding this size will not be allowed in the building. Tripods and monopods are not permitted.
- No outside food or beverage allowed in the venue. Concessions will be available during the ceremony.
- Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are allowed in or around the ceremony area. Anyone violating this code will be removed from the event.
- Noisemakers, selfie-sticks, signs, inflated balls, and balloons are not permitted. Guests may bring flowers for their graduates.
- Pets and therapy animals are not permitted in the building. Service Animals are permitted.
- Umbrellas are permittted inside the building but must remain closed. Bags will be available at the front door in the event of rain.
- Families are encouraged to hold their applause until all graduates walk across the stage to allow everyone’s name to be heard.
- Please review the prohibited and permitted items list for McCamish Pavilion for the full list of items.