Spring 2024 Commencement Venue
Multiple parking lots are available around the venue for guests and graduates.
Tickets are required for Bachelor's and Master's ceremonies. Tickets are not required for the Ph.D. ceremony.
ADA accommodations are available. Learn more at the link below.
All guests and students will go through magnetometers, or walk-through metal detectors, prior to entry.
This event is being recorded and photographed.
By attending this event, you consent to your likeness, image and/or voice being recorded an/or photographed, and used by Georgia Tech, without compensation, for any purpose within Georgia Tech's mission, and you release Georgia Tech from any liability resulting from such usage. If you do not wish to be subject to the foregoing, do not attend this event.
All students, guests, and volunteers attending the event are subject to the clear bag venue entry process. Backpacks, suitcases, and laptops are not allowed.
Bags that are not permitted inside venue must be returned to the guest's vehicle or be checked into bag valet.
Bag Valet is located at the Byers Tennis Complex, located across from McCamish Pavilion.
Guests may bring:
- Seat cushions or stadium seats
- Clear, reusable water bottles (must be emptied at gate)
- Blankets (non-electric or non battery-powered)
- Signs or flags smaller than 3 feet by 5 feet
Guests may NOT bring:
- Backpacks, duffle bags, suit cases, or large tote bags
- Outside food or drink
- Horns or other noisemakers
- Camera with lenses longer than 4"
- Strollers are not allowed in the venue and must be checked into bag valet (this includes car seat baby carriers). Exceptions to the bag policy will be made for medical and/or diaper bags in addition to cross body baby carriers – guests with medical and/or diaper bags must request an individual inspection from the gate supervisor.
- Cameras lenses must be under 4 inches or less in length. Any lens exceeding this size will not be allowed in the venue. Tripods and monopods are not permitted.
- No outside food or beverage allowed in the venue. Concessions will be available during the ceremony.
- Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are allowed in or around the ceremony area. Anyone violating this code will be removed from the event.
- Noisemakers, selfie-sticks, signs, inflated balls, and balloons are not permitted. Guests may bring flowers for their graduates.
- Pets and therapy animals are not permitted. Service Animals are permitted.
- Umbrellas are not permitted inside the venue.
- Please review the prohibited and permitted items list for the full list of items.
- Limited concessions will be available during all ceremonies.
- McCamish accepts major credit cards.
- Outside food and drink are not allowed.
Surprise your graduate with a Georgia Tech gift and flowers! Mementos will be available for sale inside and outside the venue.
Dress Code and Decorum
- While Commencement has no official dress code, we encourage families to dress in a manner appropriate to the ceremony. Many of our families dress business casual to casual.
- Graduates and guests are advised to monitor the weather forecast closely and dress appropriately for the seasonal climate.
- Families are encouraged to hold their applause until all graduates walk across the stage to allow everyone’s name to be heard. Please be respectful to all of our students.
- Guests will be asked to release any reserved seats 15 minutes prior to ceremony start to help us accommodate others.
GradImages, your official graduation photographer, will take professional photos at each Commencement activity and send out proofs shortly after your event.
- At the President's Graduation Celebration: GradImages will take photos with you, your family and friends, and the Ramblin' Wreck.
- During the ceremony: GradImages will photograph your official graduation portrait, plus close-ups of you crossing the stage.
- Immediately after the ceremony: Grab a photographer to take candid photos of you with family and friends.
Proofs of your formal and candid shots will be sent via email the week after your graduation event. You can also visit gradimages.com after the ceremony to view and order your images.
Wondering where to take photos with your grad after the ceremony?