Monday, October 10 – Friday, October 14
Monday, Oct. 10
- 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.- Portraits will be taken in the Poole room in the Wardlaw Center. Sign up for your portrait appointment here.
Tuesday, Oct. 11
10 a.m. – 3p.m.- Portraits will be taken in the Gordy Room in the Wardlaw Center. Sign up for your portrait appointment here.
Wednesday, Oct. 12
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. - Grad Fest Day
John Lewis Student Center and Stamps Commons
Grad Fest Day is a one-stop shop for graduating bachelor's, master's and Ph.D. students to complete their commencement requirements. All spring graduates are encouraged to participate. Graduate portraits will also be available to be taken.
- Noon - Georgia Tech Career Center: Mastering LinkedIn, In-person, and Online Networking
Bill Moore Student Success Center- Clary Theater
Learn how to approach new people in a networking environment, the types of networking, and overall tips to get started.
- 4 p.m. - Georgia Tech Career Center: Building and Tailoring Your Resume
Virtual Event- join here
Go beyond the basics of resume writing to learn how you can tailor your document, communicate effectively through your bullets, and other pro tips.
All regalia is available to order on the Barnes and Noble website.
All orders should be in by the respective dates below. Late fees will apply:
Bachelor's regalia- $79.98
Deadline- Friday, Nov. 18
Late fee- $20
Master's regalia- $114.98
Deadline- Friday, Nov. 18
Late fee- $35
Ph.D. Rental- $79.98
Refundable deposit- $400
Deadline- Friday, Nov. 4
Late fee- $50
The Ph.D. custom order deadline is Friday, Oct 14. This is for customized, specially-fitted Ph.D. gown orders and not rentals.
The Ph.D. rental deposit is refunded when the rental gown is returned to the bookstore in good condition.
Ph.D. rentals require the separate purchase of a Tam. The cost to purchase a Tam is $111 in addition to the rental fee.
Ph.D. hoods are a gift from the Institute and therefore do not need to be purchased.
Students are responsible for providing their own regalia for graduation photos.
More information regarding regalia can be found on the Commencement Regalia website.
RSVP for Commencement
The RSVP period for Fall 2022 ceremony is now open through November 11.
An RSVP is required to attend the ceremony. Students must RSVP on the Commencement website during this time.
Student Reflection Speaker Info Session
Tuesday, Oct. 12
Students interested in applying to be the student reflection speaker at Fall Commencement are invited to a virtual info session to learn more about the application process. Register to attend by email.
President's Graduation Celebration
Friday, Dec. 16
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Graduates are invited to create one last Tech memory at the President’s Graduation Celebration on Tech Green. Take time to celebrate by taking pictures with Buzz and the Ramblin’ Wreck, and enjoy other fun activities. More information can be found on the President's Graduation Celebration event website.
What happens at Grad Fest?
Grad Fest is your one-stop-shop for all of your Commencement requirements. While at the event, you can:
- Purchase your regalia online at a discounted rate for pickup at the Barnes & Noble at Georgia Tech.
- Discounted Starbucks beverages when picking up regalia at the Georgia Tech Bookstore.
- Take professional cap and gown photos by Grad Images with your purchased regalia. Graduate portraits can be purchased after the event.
- Learn more about ordering your class ring from Balfour.
- Attend virtual and in-person events hosted by the Career Center.
- Learn more about being a member of the Alumni Association.
- All regalia purchases made on Monday, Feb. 21, until Friday, Feb. 25, are automatically entered into a raffle for a Barnes & Noble at Georgia Tech alumni gift basket.
How should I prepare for Grad Fest?
No prep is required from students—just show up! Because we offer photo opportunities, many students like to come ready to be photographed.
What if I cannot attend Grad Fest?
This event is a convenience, not a requirement. You can accomplish most of these activities outside of Grad Fest by contacting the vendor. Students who order regalia online during Grad Fest week are eligible for the raffle. This also is the only opportunity for graduating students to take cap and gown photos.