Grad Fest Week
Monday, Oct. 18 – Friday, Oct. 22
Monday, Oct. 18
- 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.- Schedule your graduate portrait here. All portraits will be taken in the Poole Room in the Wardlaw Center.
Tuesday, Oct. 19
9 a.m. – 2p.m.- Schedule your graduate portrait here. All portraits will be taken in the Poole Room in the Wardlaw Center.
11 a.m.- Identities in the Workforce; Student Success Center- President Suite C and D. The Career Center hosts a panel of professionals who will discuss how they navigate various workforce situations that have challenged their identities.
4 p.m.- Graduate Students- Exploring Various Career Paths, Webinar. Learn about the assessments, service, and campus programs that can help you explore multiple career paths from the Career Center.
6:30 p.m.- You're an Alum, Now What?, Alumni Association Ballroom. Learn about retirement funds, 401 K’s, and budgeting made simple from Danish Dharani and Auston Kennedy at BlackRock. Register here.
Wednesday, Oct. 20
- Grad Fest Day
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Barnes and Noble at Georgia Tech
Get ready for Georgia Tech Commencement on Grad Fest Day! Purchase your regalia at a discounted price, RSVP for commencement, order your class ring from Balfour, get your graduate portrait taken, and enjoy other giveaways.
- Noon- Career Exploration Group Workshop Series; Student Success Center- President Suite D. This Career Center series will focus on topics that will increase self-awareness and enhance the ability to explore career options.
Thursday, Oct. 21
9 a.m. – 2 p.m.- Schedule your graduate portrait here. All portraits will be taken in the Poole Room in the Wardlaw Center.
11 a.m.- Evaluating a Job Offer and Negotiating a Salary. Webinar. This workshop hosted by the Career Center will discuss how to negotiate a higher salary and what to consider when evaluating a job offer.
3 p.m.- Interview Prep: How to Identify and Highlight Your Skills; Student Success Center- Press Room A. Join the Carer Center to learn how to identify and highlight your relevant experience, skills, and capabilities throughout the interview process.
All regalia is available to order on the Tech Stuff website.
All orders should be in by Monday, Nov. 1. Orders booked after November 1st incur a late fee:
Bachelor's regalia- $79.98
Late fee- $20
Master's regalia- $114.98
Late fee- $35
Ph.D. Rental- $74.98 (gown only)
Late fee- $125
- Ph.D. Rentals need a Tam. A tam is $111 additional on top of the rental fee.
The Ph.D. custom order has to be placed by Friday, Oct. 15th. This is for customized, specially-fitted Ph.D. gown orders and not rentals.
Ph.D. hoods are a gift from the Institute and therefore do not need to be purchased.
Students are responsible for providing their own regalia for graduation photos.
More information regarding regalia can be found on the Commencement Regalia website.
RSVP for Commencement
More information regarding RSVP and tickets coming soon!
President's Graduation Celebration
Thursday, Dec. 16
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Graduates are invited to create one last Tech memory at the President’s Graduation Celebration on Thursday, Dec. 16, from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Tech Green. Take time to celebrate by taking pictures with Buzz and the Ramblin’ Wreck, and enjoy other fun activities. More information can be found on the President's Graduation Celebration event website.
What happens at Grad Fest?
Grad Fest is your one-stop-shop for all of your Commencement requirements. While at the event, you can:
- Purchase your regalia online at a discounted rate for pickup at the Barnes and Noble at Georgia Tech.
- Discounted Starbucks beverages when picking up regalia at the Georgia Tech Bookstore.
- Take professional cap and gown photos with your purchased regalia.
- Attend virtual sessions hosted by the Career Center and the Alumni Association.
- Learn more about being a member of the Alumni Association.
- All regalia purchases made on Monday, Oct. 18, until Friday, Oct. 22, are automatically entered into a raffle for a Barnes and Noble at Georgia Tech alumni gift basket.
How should I prepare for Grad Fest?
No prep is required from students—just show up! Because we offer photo opportunities, many students like to come ready to be photographed.
What if I cannot attend Grad Fest?
This event is a convenience, not a requirement. You can accomplish most of these activities outside of Grad Fest by contacting the vendor. Students who order regalia online during Grad Fest week are eligible for the raffle. This is also is the only opportunity for graduating students to take cap and gown photos.