Summer Graduate Information
Summer 2021 Candidates
Students graduating in Summer 2021 are invited to participate in the Fall 2021 Commencement exercises. Students will be asked to register an email address with the Commencement Office during summer semester to receive information after graduation.
Fall 2021 Commencement
Fall 2021 Commencement is scheduled to take place in December. Students who registered an email address over the summer will receive an email the first week of September with RSVP dates, ticket allotments, and confirmed ceremony times.
Spring 2021 Participation
Summer 2021 graduates with two classes or less remaining and in good academic standing will have the option to apply for an early walk in Spring 2021.
How to Apply
Students may request an early walk by completing the spring participation request form by March 10. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Applicants will be notified by March 18 if they are cleared to participate and receive an RSVP link at that time. Summer students allowed to walk early will receive an extension on their RSVP period.
What to Expect
Summer students participating in the spring ceremony should expect the following changes:
- Summer students will receive the same ticket allotment as a spring student.
- Students will not be able to RSVP prior to approval.
- Summer students will not be listed in the spring program. All summer graduates will be listed in the fall program.
- Summer students will not receive honor cords for the spring ceremony.
- Summer students will have their name called as they walk across stage.