Guest Drop-Off and Handicap Parking for All Ceremonies
- All guest drop-off and pick-up on Techwood Drive.
- Guests with a valid handicap parking tag may park on Brittian Drive and Fowler Street, located next to Peters Parking Deck.
Fall 2020 Commencement
We expect a high amount of traffic in the area. Please plan accordingly and leave extra time for parking.
Techwood Drive between North Ave and Bobby Dodd Way will be northbound access only.
Bobby Dodd Way is closed.
Brittain Drive and Fowler Street between 4th Street and Bobby Dodd Way are ADA parking access only.
Techwood Drive will temporarily close at the end of each ceremony for increased pedestrian traffic.
Guests are encouraged to enter campus via Techwood Drive, located off of North Avenue, using exit 249D.
- Traveling northbound on 75/85: Guests will take a left at the second traffic light onto West Peachtree. You may either proceed down West Peachtree to take a left onto Fifth Street for parking at Tech Square or take a left onto North Ave to enter campus via Techwood Drive.
- Traveling southbound on 75/85: Guests will take a right off the exit ramp to enter campus via Techwood Drive. At Fifth Street, guests may turn left to park at Peters or turn right to park in Tech Square.
Available Parking Lots
Parking is available in the following campus lots. Parking prices vary by lot.
- E52 (Peters Parking Deck)
- ER53 (North Ave Apartments)
- ER54 (North Ave Apartments)
- E81 (Georgia Tech Hotel)
- E82 (Centergy Lot)
- Visitor Area 3
- Visitor Area 6
- Visitor Area 8
All faculty and staff volunteers will receive a reserved parking pass and instructions prior to the event.
Parking at is limited and is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Faculty and staff assisting at the graduate ceremony are encouraged to walk to the ceremony.
Public Transportation and Campus Map
Georgia Tech is served by two MARTA transit stations. Riding Marta to Georgia Tech.
North Avenue Station
This is the closest station to the Commencement ceremonies. If walking, go west for two blocks on North Avenue. The campus is located just past the interstate bridge. Continue on North Avenue until you get to Bobby Dodd Stadium.
The Gold Route makes continuous pick-ups from the Midtown Station to campus.