Ph.D. Advisor Guidelines
Ph.D. advisors are invited to join their graduates at Commencement!
- To attend as Ph.D. advisor, no RSVP is necessary.
- Academic regalia is required to attend as a Ph.D. advisor. For information on renting regalia, please visit here.
- Doors open at 8 a.m. and the ceremony begins at 9 a.m. Please arrive by 8:30 a.m.
- Entrance for Ph.D. advisors is through the Zelnak Basketball Practice Facility.
- Commencement will not feature a formal processional. Advisors will be directed to sit on the court with their student.
- We recommend exchanging cell phone numbers with your student so finding them is easy on Commencement day!
For venue information, including parking and stadium information, visit our Venue and Ceremony Information page.
Parking is extremely limited and is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Faculty and staff assisting at the graduate ceremony are encouraged to walk to the ceremony.
Faculty and staff volunteers will receive a memo via email two weeks prior to the event with Commencement day directions and parking recommendations.
Ph.D. Advisors and stage party members may rent regalia for the ceremony
How to Volunteer
How to volunteer
Please let us know if you would like to volunteer by filling out the Volunteer at Commencement form here.
Ph.D. advisors who plan to attend the Ph.D. Commencement ceremony for hooding will need academic regalia. If you do not own your own, you can rent regalia by completing the Regalia Rental Form.
View the Commencement schedule of events.